Saturday, January 24, 2009

Social Distortion

Yeah, they're old. But dang'd if I don't love 'em.

I was in a mood to listen to Ball And Chain today and kept listening to them. They're just the right level of depressing for me right now.

EXAMPLES

"Times are hard, getting harder. I'm born to lose and destined to fail."

"Life goes by so fast. You only want to do what you think is right. You close your eyes and it's passed..."

"But the day may come when you've got something to lose. And just when you think you're done paying dues, you say to yourself Dear God, what have I done, and hope it's not too late, 'cause tomorrow may never come..."

I'm broke. I'm stressed. I can't take time off work because I let my hours slack last quarter, so now I have to get at least 32 hours per week. With school Mon-Fri and work Thurs-Sun, I never have a day off.

I don't have time to decompress before going to bed after work, because I have to be up the next morning. And I can't sleep between class and work because that's the only time I can spend time with my wife.

I know, I know...everyone goes through these tough bits. And you can get through them. I just needed to vent and I haven't been on here in a while.

I need a good outlet. Playing loudly is a good one, but I can only really do that once a week. Stupid work...

That is all...I suppose.

2 comments:

Snake said...

I listen to Social D a lot when I exercise. I likey.

thePatrick said...

You make me smile sir.
"graup" is the word...