Friday, September 26, 2008

Should I feel better or worse?

Sometimes I witness behaviors that really make me feel better about myself. Like our president.

bush_bookupsidedown.jpg
see more pwn and owned pictures

And this guy.


see more pwn and owned pictures

See, I look at them and feel smart. I don't read children's books upside-down and I don't own a spiderman banana-hammock. However, there are certain limits as to when stupid people make me feel better. Case in point:



While some stupidity is refreshing, other stupidity (like this woman) makes me weep for the future. I marvel at the state of humanity and can't help but think that Darwin = FAIL. These people, along with the clients I work with, are why I will advocate licensed breeding when it becomes an issue in the near future. Don't think it won't. Sure it sounds like a bad sci-fi movie, but think about it. The gov't is already controlling (or trying to control) several aspects of our lives (in some cases I feel this is warranted; others, well...just let us be). It's only a matter of time until they start trying to control who should be allowed to reproduce. And I will vote YES on that. There should be a test. There needs to be a gen-ed portion, a verbal Q&A portion, and a PARENTING SKILLS portion. All parents-to-be should have to have previous experience with at least 5 babies not belonging to them prior to becoming licensed. Like, a lot. This will help reduce the amount of "surprise" and subsequent stress on the parents as they will actually realize that ANYTHING can happen.

Now, I an fully confident that all the people with whom I associate will be/are wonderful parents. Many of my friends are having babies and this is not a rant at them. This is a rant at those who allow their children to smoke pot in the basement; those who don't equip their children with necessary decision-making skills; those who just don't give a damn.

I've seen it where I work and I've heard about it where Catherine works. And frankly, it pisses me off.

When I started this, I really didn't expect to get so angry by the end...seriously, I just realized I was clenching my jaw while typing. It hurts now. Anyway, that's not the direction I meant to go in I meant to end with this...

...but then I realize that in my own little world, I'm ok
(if you can't see the whole picture, right click, view image)

natalie dee
nataliedee.com

That is all.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Amen brother!!!

Rachel said...

All in Favor say aye...AYE!

Angel of Sarcasm said...

My parents don't where deodorant.